Why is it that so many people today are quietly questioning the direction that they are travelling in life? Too proud (or maybe stubborn) to speak to others about that niggling doubt that exists.
Whether it is their current career path, relationships, life priorities and so on. Is this what they signed up for? Is this what life is really all about?
Below is a simple exercise that you might like to try if this topic relates to you. Try it out and see how you get on. All that you need is a pen, paper, a quiet space and some curiosity!
1. Write down everything that you like to do in life. Be creative and don’t place any limitations on yourself. You may like listening to music, painting, walking in nature, travel, spending time with friends, anything at all!
2. Now write down everything that you can do with ease. Again, be honest with yourself. This is not the time to be critical of yourself so show yourself a little love! Perhaps others have commented on how good you are at something while you almost take it for granted. If so, go ahead and write it down.
3. Next, ask yourself the following discovery questions…
a. If you were completely financially secure, what would you really like to spend your time doing each day?
b. If you had to choose one thing to accomplish before you die, what would that be?
c. Describe in detail what your perfect day would look like.
Now, take the time to revisit and reflect on what you have written down. Ask yourself the following questions…
1. If I change nothing, how will I feel about my life in five years time?
2. If I choose to change something, what is it that I wish to change?
3. In making this change, what do I need to let go of?
4. What one action will I absolutely commit to right now, today?
6. How will I know if I am being successful?
7. Who can I share this with that will support me? (if you have nobody that you can honestly share it with then you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org). This is completely confidential and you are not signing up for anything!
Joe McDonald, Founder of create10 provides confidential one to one professional coaching in person or online; impactful workshops with organisational teams interested in enhancing performance and flexible online courses for busy professionals. Further information at www.create10.ie